I can hardly believe it but today, 12th December, marks my 20th anniversary of blogging. Two decades of me blathering on about TV and books and films and baking and the moon and any other inane thought that comes into my head. It’s been an absolute rollercoaster of a ride and there’s still so much more to write about and discover.
In celebration of this milestone, I had a look back through the archives (something I never really encourage because oof, the past is embarrassing, isn’t it?) and I’ve picked out a post from each year that spoke to me about the journey I’ve been on since then.
- 2002 - Christmas. The first post and twenty years later, I’m still trying to figure out how I feel about Christmas.
- 2003 - Thankful. The first of arguably too many trips to see We Will Rock You.
- 2004 - DVD Day #3. This is pre-Film Watch film watching, when I could just about come up with a sentence for each film. The official Film Watch began in 2009.
- 2005 - You build up the tension…. I wasn’t that imnpressed with the return of Doctor Who at the time, but little did I know I’d want to blog every episode individually after that.
- 2006 - To-do list. An endless battle to find a to-do list that works.
- 2007 - The iPlayer makes my iLife slightly iBetter. If I could show this girl what streaming would be like in fifteen years’ time.
- 2008 - I Heart Franck. I went through a period of starting a gazillion different blogs focusing in on one topic each (the BBC, tennis, stationery, stories), but this was my most enduring. A celebration of Franck Montagny.
- 2009 - Panda pick-me-up. Such a simple idea. To combat how hideous Thursdays are, enjoy a picture of a cute baby panda. Baby Panda Thursdays was born.
- 2010 - Header 1 - Experimenting with brushes. I wanted to get creative and try a bit of design work and this lasted far longer than I could have imagined.
- 2011 - Premier League Football - From cheering to freezing and everything in between. My first and only visit to a football match.
- 2012 - Best of my own personal Bake Off. Trying out a bit of baking. This year I’ve written about how impossible it would be to do this, given how complicated Bake Off has gotten.
- 2013 - S is for Snowdon Mountain Railway. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to visit various places in the UK for each letter of the alphabet. I still haven’t finished it.
- 2014 - Space Center, Houston. A visit to Texas is surely not complete without taking in some space nerd stuff.
- 2015 - Forming a strong Bond. A perfect post to encapsulate the completionist in me. A new Bond film, you say? Better watch all 23 of the previous ones.
- 2016 - The healthy month of May. An early sign of a growing need to get Apple Fitness+ badges. Followed up by the hilarious impact of The Olympics.
- 2017 - The Championships, Wimbledon 2017. I went to Wimbledon!
- 2018 - From little acorns. The start of an obsession with walking trails.
- 2019 - Mixing it up. This is the painful post that is so buoyant from watching live shows and so keen to do more next year. And we all know what’s coming.
- 2020 - The wonderful world of Ted Lasso. With no outside world to visit, there was a lot of focus on TV, and this was one of the highlights.
- 2021 - How a Christmas playlist should be done Vol. 2. So proud of my Christmas playlists, better start working on the third!
And then this year, that of course has been all about taking it 30 days at a time. I wonder what next year will bring and then the next twenty after that…