Celebrity Mastermind - Friends Series 1 & 2 edition
Published January 6, 2012
I became aware of the latest series of Celebrity Mastermind because someone tweeted about a contestant this very evening choosing The Archers as their specialist subject. I had a quick peek at what the other celebrities have been choosing as their subjects and was super duper excited to see someone had picked Friends, the first two series. If there is something I know more about, I can’t think of it!
So, the contestant was Matthew Hoggard, who may or may not be a cricketer. He scored just 5 points, I scored 9. How will you get on?
- Joey has counted there are 97 steps from his and Chandler’s Manhattan apartment to just inside the coffee shop where all the Friends regularly meet. What’s it called?
- When Ross is struggling to choose between Julie and Rachel, he makes a list of their positives and negatives. What part of Rachel’s body does he list as “chubby”?
- What is the name of Ross’ pet monkey which he reluctantly allowed to be taken by the San Diego Zoo?
- Who performed and had a UK hit single with the series’ theme song, “I’ll Be There For You”?
- In the opening episode, what’s the first name of the man Rachel was supposed to marry? She ran away on their wedding day.
- What’s the name of Joe’s chain-smoking agent, played by June Gable?
- When the navy officer, Ryan, who Phoebe used to go out with returns, he catches a disease from Phoebe that she caught from Ben. What?
- What section of the Country Club newsletter does Rachel’s mum send to her to give her inspiration?
- Which guest star appears as Susie Moss, former classmate of Chandler, who turns up in New York on the set of Marcel’s movie?
- How much money does Phoebe receive from the soda company for finding a thumb in her soda can?
- What’s the name of the musical that Joey’s friends go to see him in where he has to put on a thick German accent?
- When Joey and Chandler take Ross to an ice-hockey game, the puck hits him in the face and he ends up in the emergency room. The game is between the Rangers and which other team?
I missed Joey’s assistant because I just couldn’t think, I got the amount of money wrong, and as if I knew who the other hockey team was!
How do you reckon you got on? I have posted the answers if you need to check your results.