It feels like the output of both TV and films has slowed somewhat, presumably relating to the strikes that are ongoing. Although any situation that forces a strike is not great, it is a bit of a relief to have a minute to think about what we’re watching and actually catch up a bit. I’ve been looking through the next few months of movie releases and there are quite a few that speak to me!
- The Out-Laws. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those pretty basic comedies that don’t stay with you much longer than the credits, but hey… this is Pierce Brosnan being a super heisty father-in-law against Bumper from Pitch Perfect. I’m here for it.
- Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning, Part One. The part one makes me nervous, as it always does. These MI movies are basically the same awesome thing over and over again, does it really need to be split in two?
- Barbie. I really do not understand what this movie is, and each trailer adds to the confusion rather than clarifies, but I also desperately want to see it.
- Heart of Stone. Gal Gadot does Mission: Impossible? Yes please!
- Gran Turismo. I thought this was going to be a Need For Speed weird remake, but it’s actually the story of Jann Mardenborough who became a racing driver through the unexpected video game route. Should be interesting!
- The Equalizer 3. Somehow I haven’t watched the second in this series of Denzel movies so better get through that one first, but really liked the OG movie.
The list of films tailed off a bit as we move towards the end of the year, so either there will be more coming through and being announced soon, or it’s a chance to get through some of the backlog. I can’t begin to tell you how long that To Be Watched list is.