Yesterday’s Goodwood debacle caused an emotional rollercoaster, and as I was speeding home - enjoying being out of first gear for the first time in hours - I listened to only songs that would cheer me up. Some were just infectiously happy, others were rousing in an angry kind of way, and all helped just a little bit.
In the interests of rescuing future moods, here’s my playlist of 20 songs that made the difference.
- Miami - Will Smith
- Wake Me Up Before You Go Go - Wham
- We Can Work it Out - Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons
- Reach - S Club 7
- Alright - Supergrass
- Don’t Stop Me Now - Queen
- Love To Hate You - Erasure
- You Can’t Stop the Beat - Cast of Hairspray
- Down Under - Men at Work
- Hey Mama - Black Eyed Peas
- Reet Petite - Jackie Wilson
- Pencil Full of Lead - Paulo Nutini
- (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear - Elvis Presley
- The Power of Love - Huey Lewis & the News
- Rockin’ All Over the World - Status Quo
- Take Me to the Clouds Above - LMC vs. U2
- Allez ola olé - Jessy Matador
- Found a Way - Drake Bell
- You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet - Bachman Turner Overdrive
- Johnny B Goode - Chuck Berry
I also took the opportunity to make my first YouTube Playlist - fun to do, but I tried to embed it and it comes up with an error so who knows if it will work or not!
What songs cheer you up?