Super Size Me
Published January 24, 2005
- Each day, 1 in 4 Americans visits a fast food restaurant.
- In 1972, we spent 3 billion a year on fast food - today we spend more than 110 billion.
- McDonald’s feeds more than 46 million people a day - that’s more than the entire population of Spain.
- French Fries are the most eaten vegetable in America.
- You would have to walk for seven hours straight to burn off a Super Sized Coke, fries and Big Mac.
- 60% of all Americans are either overweight or obese.
- One in every three children born in the year 2000 will develop diabetes in their lifetime.
- The average child sees 10,000 TV advertisements per year.
- Only seven items on McDonald’s entire menu contain no sugar.
- McDonald’s distributes more toys per year than Toys-R-Us.
- McDonald’s say: “Any processing our foods undergo makes them more dangerous than unprocessed foods.”
- McDonald’s calls people who eat a lot of their food “Heavy Users”.
- McDonald’s operates more than 30,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries on 6 continents.
- Before most children can speak they can recognise McDonald’s.
- 40% of American meals are eaten outside of the home.
- McDonald’s represents 43% of the total US fast food market.
Taken from Super Size Me.