Galaxy vs universe
Published April 30, 2022
And we’re done, 30 days of comic books done and dusted. Have I learnt anything? Quite a lot actually but I think the main result of this thirty days is to prove that the Marvel comics are too complicated for me. Brilliant but hard. However, the Star Wars reboot - with that hard cut off between current canon and previous legend - is much easier to deal with.
I mentioned in the previous update that I was focusing the last ten days on that far, far away galaxy, and I’m glad I did because it felt a lot more comfortable. At first I was reading through the most excellent Star Wars comic series, but at some point it tried to loop in other comics to continue the story and that did get confusing for me - just because I didn’t really have time to sit down and work it out.
After that I dipped into some other of the titles, and liked pretty much all of it.
- Day 21 - Star Wars (2015-2019), 4 issues.
- Day 22 - Star Wars (2015-2019), 4 issues.
- Day 23 - Star Wars (2015-2019), 2 issues. Darth Maul - Son of Dathomir (2014), 1 issue.
- Day 24 - Darth Maul - Son of Dathomir (2014), 3 issues. Star Wars (2015-2019), 1 issue.
- Day 25 - Star Wars (2015-2019), 2 issues. Darth Vader (2015-2016), 1 issue.
- Day 26 - Darth Vader (2015-2016), 3 issues.
- Day 27 - Princess Leia (2015), 2 issues.
- Day 28 - Princess Leia (2015), 2 issues.
- Day 29 - The Force Awakens Adaptation (2016), 4 issues.
- Day 30 - The Force Awakens Adaptation (2016), 2 issues.
So on the one hand, I’m really glad that I did this 30 Days of Comic, but on the other hand, I’m also really glad it’s over. It was nice to dip my toe into the waters of a medium I’ve not really looked at before, and it’s made me more open to reading comics in the future, but I can’t say I’m going to keep up this Marvel subscription on the regular. This whole thing has led me straight into what the next thirty days will be, but you can hear more about that tomorrow!