Oh my stars. Unlike Baywatch, where I had all the expectations in the world and was a bit disappointed by the trailer, for Jumanji, I had nothing. When I rewatched the original for Film Watch, it wasn’t as good as I remembered, so why would this be any better? Well, the first trailer was released today and already, I am loving the look of this remake.
I’m really hoping Karen Gillan’s character can keep up this level kick-ass (I mean, literally high-flying kicking someone off a motorcycle!) because I am clinging to the hope that the Rock gave me that we shouldn’t judge her skimpy jungle outfit on face value. It seems like the film does come out that way, but let’s see.
Aside from that, it looks like so much fun.
- Ye olde console game
- Ruby Roundhouse: Fighter - Killer of Men
- The Rock’s famous arched eyebrow
- The character realisations, “where’s the rest of me?”
- The Rock trying not to cry
- Beautiful Hawaii
- Bonus Jonas flying a helicopter
- The stampeding rhino!!
- “You don’t get in the water with a backpack, everybody knows that?” (Uh…)