A colleague gave me one of those desk flip things, that should be a calendar, but actually is labelled as “30 Hilarious Desktop Signs.” I actually found it on Amazon, but I’m not recommending it. They’re really not all that hilarious but there are a couple I like, so I’ll share them with you. They are written as though they are motivational posters, all big fonts, with a little sub-message underneath.
- I don’t look busy… because I did it right the first time.
- If at first you don’t succeed… delegate the job to someone else.
- Anything is possible… if you don’t understand the problem.
- Teamwork means… never having to take all the blame yourself.
- Aim low, reach your goals, and avoid disappointment.
- Change is inevitable… except from vending machines.
This last one, I think, is particularly pertinant to the current times, and is displayed on my desk for anyone who comes to talk to me. Which isn’t many people.
- The light at the end of the tunnel… has been turned off due to budget cuts.