I was talking with someone recently about how quickly this year has gone. It seems like only five minutes ago, I was badmouthing Christmas for the first time and no one was listening.
The whole year has gone where exactly?
I don’t know about anybody else, but I don’t feel like I’ve achieved anything this year. Yes, I may have got a certificate up on the wall, but what about the rest?
- Last year, I read 62 books. This year? I have struggled to reach 20.
- Last year, I cooked and baked and we ate delicious food. This year, I have barely had the motivation to make sausage and mash.
- Last year, I put on a bit of weight, then I lost it again. This year, I just put on the pounds.
- Last year, I set up Woke Up This Morning with PHP and made it into the glory that it is today. This year? Well, there have been more blog entries than ever before, but very little on the development side.
- Last year I watched loads of new films. The last new film I watched this year? Hitch.
You get the idea.
So, I’d just like to say, if anybody who has control over these matters is listening: I. Want. My. Year. Back.
Update: Have just thought that the only way I’m better off this year is with my brand new car. But that doesn’t count because it is really a giant debt. Not really an achievement.