Yesterday’s Goodwood debacle caused an emotional rollercoaster, and as I was speeding home – enjoying being out of first gear for the first time in hours – I listened to only songs that would cheer me up. Some were just infectiously happy, others were rousing in an angry kind of way, and all helped just a little bit.
In the interests of rescuing future moods, here’s my playlist of 20 songs that made the difference.
- Miami – Will Smith
- Wake Me Up Before You Go Go – Wham
- We Can Work it Out – Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons
- Reach – S Club 7
- Alright – Supergrass
- Don’t Stop Me Now – Queen
- Love To Hate You – Erasure
- You Can’t Stop the Beat – Cast of Hairspray
- Down Under – Men at Work
- Hey Mama – Black Eyed Peas
- Reet Petite – Jackie Wilson
- Pencil Full of Lead – Paulo Nutini
- (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear – Elvis Presley
- The Power of Love – Huey Lewis & the News
- Rockin’ All Over the World – Status Quo
- Take Me to the Clouds Above – LMC vs. U2
- Allez ola olé – Jessy Matador
- Found a Way – Drake Bell
- You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet – Bachman Turner Overdrive
- Johnny B Goode – Chuck Berry
I also took the opportunity to make my first YouTube Playlist – fun to do, but I tried to embed it and it comes up with an error so who knows if it will work or not!
What songs cheer you up?