You’ll remember that earlier in the year I went to my first (and probably only) football match, and somehow became an Aston Villa fan. I vaguely followed what they were doing for a few weeks, and then sort of lost touch until the season ended. Mr C and I watched the occasional Match of the Day update, but even then only if we happened to be in the right place at the right time – it’s not allowed on the iPlayer.
However, new Premier League stuff is about to begin again, and that means I get a second chance to do a better job of being an AV fan.
I have downloaded the app.
I have browsed the BBC for news, and learnt that:
- Ashley Young has gone, which means the people who were beside us at the football match and screamed at “Youngy!” every time he came near, they’ll be bitterly disappointed.
- Brad Friedl has also gone. That is annoying because I have a picture of him which is now out of date.
- N’Zogbia has arrived. I do not know how to say this name.
- Some other people have moved in and out. I don’t know who they are.
- No one likes the new manager.
- Aston Villa are currently second in the league. Because the alphabet is awesome.
I swiped a pocket size guide from someone else’s newspaper, and it has dates of when they’re playing and stuff. It also has a big picture of Ashley Young, which is unfortunate.
I have even downloaded some football related podcasts (although I do not promise to listen to them).
I have Aston Villa gloves, although it is still summer.
I can’t fail!