After causing a bit of a kerfuffle with my harsh criticism of the special effects in The Terminator, I was intrigued to see the iTunes Film homepage feature some CGI Trailblazers. Now, we have already established that I am not an expert on movies, but some of these made me ponder.
- Terminator 2 – I’m saying nothing!
- Aliens – I’ve seen this one, although I don’t remember it enormously. I seem to recall the CGI being acceptable though.
- Final Fantasy – No idea.
- The Matrix – All that high-kicking freeze frame goodness, I’ve reviewed this one in Film Watch.
- Waterworld – Oooh, I love this film, but is it really that great in terms of graphics? Is it just because of the vast amount of water required?
- RoboCop 2 – No idea.
- The Polar Express – I haven’t seen this one but know it is intensely CGI heavy. Is it really a trailblazer though?
- Death Becomes Her – Another film I love! I’m going to have to watch this soon, I think.
- Total Recall – Not seen it, but Schwarzenegger again?
- Forrest Gump – Because of all the existing footage they had to squeeze him into?
- Independence Day – Seen this one, don’t remember it, know I kinda like it.
- Jimmy Neutron – No idea.
Anyways, apologies for the random nature of the post – it was a conversation I had with Mr C and wanted to share.