Radio 2 is introducing a new line-up of presenters to Saturdays, bringing in Paul O’Grady, Emma Forbes and Alan Carr. They are also changing the schedules around to spice things up, with Sunday afternoons changing as well.
O’Grady also makes the transition to Sundays, with Johnnie Walker appearing on Sunday afternoons. Paul hosted a popular Christmas Day show in 2008, playing a range of music, and he has also covered for Elaine Paige on a Sunday when required.
Alan Carr has presented a series on Comedy, and presented a couple of Christmas specials. He has also appeared on 6 Music. Emma Forbes has become a regular to sit in for Steve Wright on his afternoon show.
As of 4th April 2009, the changes should be as follows:
- 1-3pm: Pick of the Pops with Dale Winton
- 3-6pm: Dermot O’Leary
- 6-8pm: Going Out with Alan Carr (features Emma Forbes – begins 25th April)
- 8-10pm: Paul Gambaccini with America’s Greatest Hits
- 10-11pm: Saturday Night music documentary
- 1-3pm: Elaine Paige on Sunday
- 3-5pm: Johnnie Walker’s Sounds of the 70s
- 5-7pm: Paul O’Grady on the Wireless
- 7-8:30pm: Alan Titchmarsh with Melodies For You