Jana Bennet – Director of BBC Worldwide – announced late last year that commissioning at the Beeb was to undergo a restructuring of sorts. The idea is to split roles into more genre-based divisions, allowing for specialists to get their knowledge across. These are the confirmations we know so far, and I will add more as they are revealed.
- Alan Tyler – Executive Editor, Entertainment Commissioning (from Head of Comedy at BBC Scotland)
- Jo Street – Daytime Commissioning Executive
- Martin Davidson – Commissioning Editor for History and Business
- Jo Ball – Commissioning Editor for Features on BBC One and Two
- Emma Swain – Head of Knowledge Commissioning
There’s a lot of fancy titles there, aren’t there?