I’m a bit late with these this year, but you know how it is. My diary has quotes on the bottom of each page and I like to share the best ones with you.
- “Going to church no more makes you a Christian than sleeping in your garage makes you a car.” Garrison Keillor
- “Love thy neighbour as yourself, but choose your neighbourhood.” Louise Beal
- “Politicians are the same everywhere. They promise to build bridges even where there are no rivers.” Nikita Khrushchev
- “People ask you for criticism but they only want praise.” W. Somerset Maugham
- “Little minds are interested in the extraordinary; great minds in the commonplace.” Elbert Hubbard
- “Rush hour: that hour when traffic is almost at a standstill.” J.B. Morton
- “You can’t shame or humiliate modern celebrities. What used to be called shame and humiliation is now called publicity.” P.J. O’Rourke